RETAIL SALES SUPERVISOR - BSMC LA
By Dutch van Someren - 13 Sep 21
We Are Hiring our Los Angeles Retail Sale Supervisor
Bike Shed Motorcycle Club is about to open its doors in Los Angeles, California, on a historical 30,000 square foot property featuring a full restaurant, cafe, bar and lounge, multi-brand retail emporium with multiple concessions for gear, apparel, top brands and motorcycle sales, private dining, private members bar and mezzanines, Parts & Labour barbers, the Paint Shop tattoo studio, a 7,000 square foot dedicated events space and galleries, with on-site secure parking for over 100 motorcycles all set in a building built in 1945 in the heart of the Arts District downtown.
Bike Shed's retail emporium offers 4,000 square feet of space hosting some of your favorite American, British and European moto & lifestyle brands, selling gear & apparel, motorcycles, watches, protective equipment, casual clothing, gifts and accessories and all our own Bike Shed Moto Co gear.
Being a part of the BSMC team comes with great responsibilities. It’s more than just working in our stores. It’s about being a part of our Mission to spread the Motorcycle culture around the world and unite its members under a single flag.
Our key values are, Authenticity, Passion, Community, inclusivity, Unity.
If you share our values and want to be a part of our Retail team please contact us and send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Bike Shed’s retail is looking to hire its Sale Supervisor. The perfect candidate must be passionate about retail and motorcycles (or interested in learning about them) with exceptional customer service, high levels of initiative and self-motivation and an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Sales Supervisor plays a key role in ensuring sales goals are consistently met and service standards are executed according to company guidelines. This person will act as an extension of store management as a leader and role model to all Sales Associates when it comes to service standards and adherence to company policy. The Sales Supervisor will ensure that all customers are being attended to and that there is a service centric floor environment at all times. In addition, this role is considered part of the store management team and this person will be expected to adhere to all company policies, procedures and be tasked with completing management level operational tasks as needed.
- Assist in key aspects of store operations
- Leads by example and inspires staff in daily operations and guest experience
- Directly oversees Guest Service Associate’s when running the floor
- Assists in processing shipment and ensuring efficient product flow including but not limited to visual merchandising placement and daily replenishment excellence
- Complete additional projects and perform other duties and assignments as required or requested by the Assistant or General Manager
- Inspire and motivate fellow employees by consistently being a credible example as a brand and store ambassador
- Naturally represent the brand through style, attitude, and taste
- Understand the importance of a nuanced approach to customer service and selling
- Collect meaningful customer info for the purpose of building loyal customers
- Maintains an awareness of all product knowledge and merchandise care information.
- Stays updated on new items and customer service guidelines and store policies.
- Develops and maintains client books.
- Ensure adherence to company retail operating and security procedures
- Demonstrate a flexible approach, responding positively to reasonable requests
- Provide impeccable customer service and demonstrate a passion for the customer experience
- Maintain existing and create new strong clientele relationships / client book handling
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a cohesive team
- Demonstrate strong product expertise, engaging clients with the storytelling of the brand and product
- The drive to achieve personal sales goals as well as store KPIs
- 2+ years of related professional sales experience in specialty or luxury retail and/or customer service experience plus 6+ months in a management position
- Leadership ability.
- Able to meet performance expectations.
- Be sales and customer service orientated, highly motivated.
- Be fashion savvy with impeccable presentation and good personality.
- Relaxed but effective selling and client building skills
- Be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Be detailed orientated and enthusiastic.
- Flexibility in your work schedule including weekends & holidays
- Agility to flex your work through various roles bases on business needs (i.e. on the selling floor, operations, etc.)
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Curious and eager to learn
- A team player who is passionate about helping customers and teammates alike
- An innovative, proactive problem-solver
- Proud of your work and self-motivated to be a top performer
- Able to bring a positive, fun energy to the workplace, even when working long hours
- Passionate about Motorcycle or interested in learning about the community.
Special Physical And/or Mental Requirements
- Repetitive hand motion while operating cash register or computer.
- Regularly interacts with the public in an often crowded and noisy interactive store environment.
- Standing required for entire work shift.
- Operate office equipment (i.e., computers, phone, fax, scanner and copier.)
- Must work weekend
- Climb ladders as needed.
- Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds as needed.
Diversity Vision Statement
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. We are an equal employment opportunity of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our associates and applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, colour, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.